Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Romania

By the way:
  • Romania is in Europe.
  • Is not a Russian country like most of the Americans think.
  • Transylvania is a region of Romania, is not a separate country.
  • We don't have vampires here. And the wolfs are just a few in reservations and national parks.
  • Dracula is inspired from a old Romanian king called Vlad Ţepeş (Vlad the Impaler) that was not a vampire. Just order a lot of death sentences. And because the electricity wasn't invented in the XV th century it was using the next best thing Impalement is an act execution whereby the victim is pierced by a long stake. Is a cruel way but it can make a point.
  • Yes. We have cites, cars, computers and internet here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I don't want to go to Romania. You just ruined it for me. Although I might go just to watch the TV and hear Scooby Doo in Romanian voice. hehehe

The.Digital.Life said...

i never knew that dracula was a romanian tale. but i did think that romania was in russia. thanks for correcting me. my history teacher would've been mad.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tottoh said...

and you are from Romania? Very interesting :D

X said...

I read ¨entrevista con el vampiro¨, and I di´dn´t know that the vampires were a tale from rumania. I´m from Venezuela, I wrote in spanish, but your blog is very fine to me!

David Belton said...

I would like to see pictures of your transporter. I have one as well. Here in the US we have bus campout events where we all go to camp and talk about volkswagens.

RUOdyssey said...

I would argue with you about the jab to Americans, but I bet it's true nonetheless. I for one knew each of those things...except for the impalement bit. Sounds dreadful!